27 Apr Pass The Time in Middletown, CT With These Fun Ideas
When it comes to getting through this crisis as a community, we all have one job: maintain social distancing, and be responsible so we can all get back to normal living sooner rather than later! We put together this article in order to help everyone in the Middletown, CT community to make the most out of this trying time, have fun, and make some memories.
Fortunately, for those of us lucky enough to live in Middletown, CT, there are many great ways to break up the doldrums by supporting local businesses that are going the extra mile by offering social-distancing-safe services. Better still, if you’re a resident of one of the area’s premier family-friendly apartment complexes like the Windshire Terrace Apartments- you have even more ways to enjoy yourself in a responsible way.
1. Play Some Classic Games
When fun is elusive, and you are in need of a relaxing group activity, board games are a great solution. Enjoy a game of Monopoly, Scrabble, Clue, Catan, or whatever board games you happen to have on hand. Don’t get too uptight about who wins or loses, the objective here is fun together.
- Games bring the entire family together. Play some board or card games to pass the time and bond with your kids. Classics like Scrabble, Clue, and Monopoly are favorites of all ages, or you can try your hand at one of the new games the younger generation likes, such as Exploding Kittens or Throw Throw Burrito.
- Learn a new language, try the Duolingo App. This is a great way to pass the time and pick up a new skill. You’ll impress all your friends with how fluent you can become in a short amount of time. Practice for a few weeks and push yourself to try and read a paper from another country and you will be speaking a new language in no time!
2. Catch up on Your Streaming Services
Binging on your favorite shows can normally be viewed as a vice, but right now it’s a great and responsible way to spend time — so take advantage. Get caught up on your favorite TV shows, or binge on classic films and TV shows. More into podcasts? queue up a list of your favorites from Spotify, ipodcasts, and Youtube and enjoy hours of fun, engaging and educational material! For comedy, consider The Office, Schitt’s Creek, The Good Place, or something classic like the Andy Griffith Show for the kids.
- For the kids, check out Dragon Prince or Dark Crystal binge-watch your child’s favorite series from start to finish. My Little Pony can be quite entertaining, even for adults.
- Reality TV is abundant on Netflix. Love Is Blind is a popular choice.
3. Have a Movie Marathon
There’s never been a better time in history to put your all into movie night! With Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and Amazon Prime at your disposal, you can find a number of movies for you and the whole family, and don’t forget the popcorn. Some of the best available right now include:
- Spider Man: Into the Spider-Verse
- El Camino
- Lost Girls
- Black Panther and the entire Marvel Universe Lineup is available on Disney+
- Indiana Jones Series – Netflix
4. Order some Takeout
If cooking isn’t exactly your cup of tea, why not order out? Lots of local Middletown eateries are offering responsible service during this restrictive time. They include:
- Chili’s Grill & Bar – to-go orders only
- Zerio’s – take out
- Japanica II – take out
- Wang Chinese Restaurant – takeout
- Five Guys – take out
- Newfield Pizza – take out
- Mizzu Asian Bistro & Hibachi – take out
- Cafe Luna – open Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 4pm
- ION Restaurant, It’s Only Natural – takeout
5. Try an At-Home Workout
Being stuck at home doesn’t mean you have to lose the fitness progress you made in early 2020! YouTube has all kinds of at-home workouts you can do with no equipment whatsoever, check out this three-day workout series you could follow here:
6. Cooking with Limited Supplies
Baking might seem like a no-go when you don’t have basic items like eggs, milk, or butter. But thankfully USA Today, has a list of delicious recipes you can whip up , even if you’re missing some of the essentials, and some of them are absolutely scrumptious! From mini blueberry cheesecakes, no egg chocolate chip cookies and the best chocolate chip cookies
, (if you have everything), and a delicious chocolate cake that uses no butter or eggs, your sweet tooth will be more than satisfied with these homemade treats.
How to Stay Sane During Home Quarantine
Even though it’s best to shelter in place as much as reasonably possible, it’s okay to go for a walk if we remain a social distance from anyone we don’t live with. A stroll to a local park is a great way to get some fresh air. Or just enjoy a walk around the block. Of course, if you live in the Windshire Terrace Apartments in Middletown, CT- you’ve got a great place to hunker down!
However you choose to spend your time this quarantine, just remember, we’re all in this together, so let’s support each other, be responsible, and have a great time!